Melrose Park, IL 60160
Job Responsibilities include:
- Lead prototype vehicle build activity
- Interface between engineering and skilled labor to establish plans for material, vehicle and instruction readiness.
- Planning phase to vehicle construction and handoff
- Provide instruction to mechanics for problem solving prototype builds
M-F 7:30am - 4:30pm, occasional flex to support builds earlier or later
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology with 3-5 years of work experience
- Project Management/Project Leader experience
- 2-3 years experience with Excel
- Ability to learn complex Navistar systems/software
- Experience with MS Office, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project
- Experience with Unigraphics/NX, ProE or Catia
- Heavy duty vehicle or automotive experience a plus
Meet Your Recruiter
Rick Simon is an experienced (25 year) business development and operational professional supporting an array of clientele in the Automotive, Defense and Aerospace industries. Rick excels in building teams within product development, process optimization, automation integration, machining and assembly applications.
Rick joined LME Resource Group in 2017 to diversify the client pool and up skill staffing operations within technology focused segments and to enhance business processes. Rick is responsible daily operations, business sustainment and new business growth.
Previously Rick was the Managing Director and General Manager for three engineering and staffing firms in southeast Michigan. Rick was tasked with overseeing market development, leading sales and recruiting efforts while maintaining P& L control. Rick has lead programs in electric vehicle development including autonomy, infotainment and energy and remains fluent in military ground vehicle advancements. His commitment and training in these fields evolved into a Facility Security Officer role with active security clearances in support of government agencies and their supplier base.
Rick achieved his advancements via business administration and engineering studies and maintains robust engineering acumen today.