Business Project Manager II
Distribution Operations undergoing a lot of capital work in both overhead, underground, and substation. Project Managers will be responsible for multiple projects ranging in size and scope in the Detroit Metro Area. The Project Managers are responsible for the success or failure of the projects under their scope.
• Work with project controls support team to create estimate, schedule and manage budget for each project.
• Visit sites frequently to oversee contractors and ensure project is running smoothly.
• Identify risks, issues and lessons learned.
• Work with various key project personnel to problem solve issues
• Report to management and provide updates.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar role on Utility projects
• Understanding of electrical distribution and substations
• Strong communication and leadership skills
• Experience performing projects per the PMBOK Project Management Model (preferred0
• PMP (preferred)
Rick Simon is an experienced (25 year) business development and operational professional supporting an array of clientele in the Automotive, Defense and Aerospace industries. Rick excels in building teams within product development, process optimization, automation integration, machining and assembly applications.
Rick joined LME Resource Group in 2017 to diversify the client pool and up skill staffing operations within technology focused segments and to enhance business processes. Rick is responsible daily operations, business sustainment and new business growth.
Previously Rick was the Managing Director and General Manager for three engineering and staffing firms in southeast Michigan. Rick was tasked with overseeing market development, leading sales and recruiting efforts while maintaining P& L control. Rick has lead programs in electric vehicle development including autonomy, infotainment and energy and remains fluent in military ground vehicle advancements. His commitment and training in these fields evolved into a Facility Security Officer role with active security clearances in support of government agencies and their supplier base.
Rick achieved his advancements via business administration and engineering studies and maintains robust engineering acumen today.