- Works closely with the Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) from numerous business units to ensure North America Electrical Reliability Corp (NERC) Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) and Operations and Planning (NERC 693) process documentation and programs meet the NERC compliance requirements and ensures that sustainment activities for the processes will meet audit standards.
- Also supports the NERC Compliance Organization (NCO) leaders in developing, monitoring, sharing, and improving processes and documentation associated with "Company" NERC standards adherence.
- Supports the implementation and continuous improvement of process clarity, process awareness, process performance measurements, process management, and documentation management for NERC CIP and/or 693 standards.
- Identifies skill and knowledge gaps with NERC programs and requirements and recommends or develops solutions, processes, and documentation to close those gaps.
- Works with business unit SMEs to develop, analyze, and improve work flows, technology systems and processes ensuring compliance with NERC standards.
- Supports cross-functional SMEs in developing, monitoring, and improving performance goals, measures and targets in support of NERC program objectives.
- Performs and provides support in obtaining and analyzing data for measurement of process improvement projects.
- Creates and manages documentation, process changes and change management tools for assigned NERC standards/programs.
- Supports the management of possible non-compliance activities to ensure that identified violations are corrected and reported on time to external auditors.
- Responsible for the coordination and completion of all government, regulatory , and compliance documents for all business units in an organization.
- Must be familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks; works with general direction regarding tasks to be performed.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Requires at least 4 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in a related area or equivalent work experience.
Rick Simon is an experienced (25 year) business development and operational professional supporting an array of clientele in the Automotive, Defense and Aerospace industries. Rick excels in building teams within product development, process optimization, automation integration, machining and assembly applications.
Rick joined LME Resource Group in 2017 to diversify the client pool and up skill staffing operations within technology focused segments and to enhance business processes. Rick is responsible daily operations, business sustainment and new business growth.
Previously Rick was the Managing Director and General Manager for three engineering and staffing firms in southeast Michigan. Rick was tasked with overseeing market development, leading sales and recruiting efforts while maintaining P& L control. Rick has lead programs in electric vehicle development including autonomy, infotainment and energy and remains fluent in military ground vehicle advancements. His commitment and training in these fields evolved into a Facility Security Officer role with active security clearances in support of government agencies and their supplier base.
Rick achieved his advancements via business administration and engineering studies and maintains robust engineering acumen today.