Electrical Systems Engineer
Develop engineering concepts on new products and/or resolve electrical system issues on existing products. Must be hands on and comfortable with working to resolve vehicle electrical issues. Release BOM’s, and 2D prints from 3D data. Functionality drives all, but awareness of cost, weight, quality, manufacturability, and serviceability are all key factors. Communicate with engineering customers regarding new designs and changes (manufacturing, purchasing, service, configuration management, vehicle engineering, customer/product center, supply base). Perform other duties as requested by management. Candidate will be led by a senior engineer and tasked to resolve technical or packaging challenges.
- Charging circuits
- Power distribution Harness design
- Ground vehicle electronic systems
- CAN BUS
- IP module development
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering with automotive/truck/bus design experience required.
- Must have good communication skills, a positive attitude, and be self-motivated with ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment.
- Must know how to work with CAN BUS architecture to communicate with vehicle systems.
- Ability to Experience with Teamcenter and NX is a plus.
- Must be familiar with quality tools quality tools (8D, Lean, dFMEA), Bill of Materials creation, and 2D prints release.
- Knowledge in project management, manufacturing and service processes are required.
- Additionally, should have experience in MS office applications including Excel, Word, Project and Outlook.
- TeamCenter and UG/NX experience preferred
- Follows best engineering and quality practices dFMEA, 8D, ISO standards, Lean Manage/Develop BOM’s Learn, understand, use parts management database
- Develop production BOM with manufacturing/operations team input
- Develop service BOM with ILS team input
- Interface with purchasing/supplier on part design/drawing content
- Experience with ground vehicle features/systems
- Experience with manufacturing processes
- Ability to plan, estimate, execute within budget/schedule
- Ability to report up to management
- Ability to interface with customers/suppliers/coworkers to get results
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
- Ability to travel (50% of the time during development cycle)
Rick Simon is an experienced (25 year) business development and operational professional supporting an array of clientele in the Automotive, Defense and Aerospace industries. Rick excels in building teams within product development, process optimization, automation integration, machining and assembly applications.
Rick joined LME Resource Group in 2017 to diversify the client pool and up skill staffing operations within technology focused segments and to enhance business processes. Rick is responsible daily operations, business sustainment and new business growth.
Previously Rick was the Managing Director and General Manager for three engineering and staffing firms in southeast Michigan. Rick was tasked with overseeing market development, leading sales and recruiting efforts while maintaining P& L control. Rick has lead programs in electric vehicle development including autonomy, infotainment and energy and remains fluent in military ground vehicle advancements. His commitment and training in these fields evolved into a Facility Security Officer role with active security clearances in support of government agencies and their supplier base.
Rick achieved his advancements via business administration and engineering studies and maintains robust engineering acumen today.