Big Rapids, MI 49307
Performs routine technical work and problem solving requiring
application of engineering principles, techniques and procedures. Works
with operations, maintenance and technical personnel to assure
compliance and resolve environmental issues. Typical assignments include
conducting field studies and testing related to biological, aquatic,
meteorology, waste, air emissions, and technical support for the
operation and maintenance of company assets.
• Assist in making recommendations and implementing solutions
• Communicate clear, concise results and corrective actions
• Complete developmental/cross training assignments
• Keep up to date on environmental technology and regulations
• Perform and/or assist in the design, trouble-shooting, and
maintenance of equipment, systems, and instrumentation
• Perform and/or assist in the monitoring and testing of
environmental system performance by data collection or laboratory
• Conduct environmental field studies and testing to resolve
operating problems and assure compliance
1. Associate's degree in Engineering or science, or two years of a
four-year Engineering or science program with four years related
- or –
2. High School diploma and 6-plus years of equivalent, job-related
• Computer Skills: Proficiency in computer applications applicable to
specific work field/discipline
• Must have a valid driver's license and meet Company driving
• Required lifting, climbing, working from scaffolds, ladders and
platforms in a plant environment.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing with people at
all levels both within and outside the company.
• Ability to complete tasks on schedule.
• Knowledge of State and federal environmental regulations for safe
Meet Your Recruiter
Rick Simon is an experienced (25 year) business development and operational professional supporting an array of clientele in the Automotive, Defense and Aerospace industries. Rick excels in building teams within product development, process optimization, automation integration, machining and assembly applications.
Rick joined LME Resource Group in 2017 to diversify the client pool and up skill staffing operations within technology focused segments and to enhance business processes. Rick is responsible daily operations, business sustainment and new business growth.
Previously Rick was the Managing Director and General Manager for three engineering and staffing firms in southeast Michigan. Rick was tasked with overseeing market development, leading sales and recruiting efforts while maintaining P& L control. Rick has lead programs in electric vehicle development including autonomy, infotainment and energy and remains fluent in military ground vehicle advancements. His commitment and training in these fields evolved into a Facility Security Officer role with active security clearances in support of government agencies and their supplier base.
Rick achieved his advancements via business administration and engineering studies and maintains robust engineering acumen today.