Troy, MI 48083
POSITION TITLE: Industrial Engineer
LOCATION: Troy, Michigan
REPORTING TO: Vice President of Operations
POSITION SUMMARY: The Industrial Engineer plans utilization of facilities, equipment, materials and personnel to improve efficiency of operations .
- Plans layout to provide maximum possible operating efficiency
- Measures and studies available floor space and draws plan of floor space to scale, using drafting tools or computer assisted design/drafting equipment
- Studies sequence of operations to be performed and flow of business and materials
- Coordinates all available knowledge and information into finished scale drawing, showing most efficient location of personnel, equipment, and necessary working area around each
- Establishes work measurement programs and analyzes work samples to develop standards for labor utilization
- Analyzes work force utilization, facility layout, and operational data, such as production costs, process flowcharts, and production schedules, to determine efficient utilization of workers and equipment
- Confers with management and implements plans and recommendations
- May develop management systems for cost analysis, financial planning, wage and salary administration, and job evaluation
- Completes other special projects as needed
- Assists with and/or leads continuous improvement projects
The ideal candidate for the Industrial Engineer opportunity will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering from an accredited university, and at least five years of direct work experience in a manufacturing/industrial engineering position.
- Strong decision making, problem solving, communication, and organizational skills
- Strong background in Six Sigma/lean manufacturing
- Ability to work in a face-paced environment with multiple priorities
Legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
Meet Your Recruiter
Rick Simon is an experienced (25 year) business development and operational professional supporting an array of clientele in the Automotive, Defense and Aerospace industries. Rick excels in building teams within product development, process optimization, automation integration, machining and assembly applications.
Rick joined LME Resource Group in 2017 to diversify the client pool and up skill staffing operations within technology focused segments and to enhance business processes. Rick is responsible daily operations, business sustainment and new business growth.
Previously Rick was the Managing Director and General Manager for three engineering and staffing firms in southeast Michigan. Rick was tasked with overseeing market development, leading sales and recruiting efforts while maintaining P& L control. Rick has lead programs in electric vehicle development including autonomy, infotainment and energy and remains fluent in military ground vehicle advancements. His commitment and training in these fields evolved into a Facility Security Officer role with active security clearances in support of government agencies and their supplier base.
Rick achieved his advancements via business administration and engineering studies and maintains robust engineering acumen today.