Auburn Hills, MI
- Critical thinker
- Problem solver
- Solution provider
- Science or technical background may work
- Industrial engineering background may work
- Use software to track, check, prioritize and route orders- Plex, Microsoft Excel & Access Software
- Manage all important documents such as advanced shipping notice, pick slips, bills of lading etc.
- Direct the flow of packages from preparation to shipment
- Inspect labels, bar codes and other features of completed orders
- Assist with leading subordinates (receiving clerks, order pickers etc.)
- Navigate budget of the shipping department
- Collaborate with warehouse, purchasing and other managers to optimize processes
- Resolve issues regarding shipped orders
- Ensure compliance to legal regulations and company policies
- Report to management on activities and issues
- Solid knowledge of logistics procedures
- Experience in using EDI and preparing shipping documents (e.g. ASN)
- Computer savvy with excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel)
- Good understanding of budgeting and reporting
- Experience in directing and evaluating subordinates
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving abilities
- High school diploma; BSc/BA in supply chain, logistics or relative field is a definite plus
Rick Simon is an experienced (25 year) business development and operational professional supporting an array of clientele in the Automotive, Defense and Aerospace industries. Rick excels in building teams within product development, process optimization, automation integration, machining and assembly applications.
Rick joined LME Resource Group in 2017 to diversify the client pool and up skill staffing operations within technology focused segments and to enhance business processes. Rick is responsible daily operations, business sustainment and new business growth.
Previously Rick was the Managing Director and General Manager for three engineering and staffing firms in southeast Michigan. Rick was tasked with overseeing market development, leading sales and recruiting efforts while maintaining P& L control. Rick has lead programs in electric vehicle development including autonomy, infotainment and energy and remains fluent in military ground vehicle advancements. His commitment and training in these fields evolved into a Facility Security Officer role with active security clearances in support of government agencies and their supplier base.
Rick achieved his advancements via business administration and engineering studies and maintains robust engineering acumen today.