Detroit, MI 48226
Sr. Project Engineer / Analyst – Traditional Engineering with IT Experience
Manages both technical and functional scope and provides oversight of various traditional engineering and IT projects, including the development of preliminary project scope, scope definitions, estimates, and conducts scope reviews. Solves complex problems and provides technical and analytical skills in information technology or related disciplines. This position interfaces with clients, documents business requirements, creates business cases and executes formal test plans. Makes decisions on identified project issues and establishes methods for the department to resolve. Serves as a lead and provides coaching and training to less experienced employees.
1. Documents and manages both technical and functional scope of projects including revising work scope document, documenting processes, soliciting input, and acquiring approvals, to ensure accurate delivery of project deliverables.
2. Facilitates or leads development and standardization of documentation based on feedback from a variety of cross-functional sources.
3. Works in conjunction with project managers to develop and monitor issues, risks, lessons learned, as well as coordinating with the technical and functional project teams.
4. Works with organizational teams to ensure requirements align with the scope of the project and provides input to the in-scope analysis for sourcing projects.
5. Validates and verifies that project requirement traceability exists in all phases.
6. Oversees project testing to ensure proper coverage is in place and aligned to project requirements. Reviews, validates, and verifies that test metrics are captured (e.g., number of features, requirements, and test cases).
7. Collaborates with various technical staff and/or clients.
8. Confirms that project deliverables are in alignment with company standards and practices.
9. Utilizes a variety of operating system principles and tools to facilitate effective and innovative solutions that improve process design in all areas of supported platforms.
10. Gathers and analyzes complex data in order to recommend improvements, techniques, and/or solutions.
11. Participates in and/or leads field site walk-downs.
12. Conversant with Owner’s Engineer(s) regarding traditional engineering scope, documents, and/or drawings.
- Bachelor’s degree and eight (8) years of Engineering / IT related experience, including five (5) years of leading Construction / IT Technical Projects either in a formal or informal capacity or an Associate degree in Information Technology or
Engineering-related field with seven (7) years of experience leading Construction / IT Technical Projects.
- Knowledge of Project Management processes, support services, with solid knowledge of analysis and accepted Engineering / IT processes and methodologies.
- Understanding of and / or the ability to independently apply fundamental business and leadership skills including planning, organizing, verbal and written communication, research and analysis, decision making, negotiation, problem solving, ethics and tolerance, interpersonal relationships, personal/professional balance, and continued professional growth.
- Must be able to make sound decisions under limited time constraints.
- Interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence and build relationships to foster a positive work environment, participates as a team member and leads teams with the ability to deal with people at all levels.
- Ability to develop/coordinate cross-functional work groups and projects-- yielding optimal outcomes.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with defining scope, requirements, tracking and analyzing metrics for requirement coverage, etc.
- Testing/Quality Assurance Experience to ensure project is delivered with high quality.
- Knowledge/skills using continuous improvement tools,
(i.e. After Action Reviews, Process Mapping) and other project management tools (requirements, quality, communications, etc.).
- Competent in multi-tasking-- the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, issues or projects that may include high-visibility initiatives that require innovation, teamwork and planning.
- Flexibility and the ability to work with shifting priorities and embrace new/evolving responsibilities. Copes with multiple demands from superiors, peers, and/or subordinate in a positive and even-handed fashion and displays a calm demeanor under pressure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Engineering Technology and Electrical Engineering with eight (8) years of construction and IT field experience.
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities. Utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Possible minimal day travel to field sites, no overnight travel
Meet Your Recruiter
Rick Simon is an experienced (25 year) business development and operational professional supporting an array of clientele in the Automotive, Defense and Aerospace industries. Rick excels in building teams within product development, process optimization, automation integration, machining and assembly applications.
Rick joined LME Resource Group in 2017 to diversify the client pool and up skill staffing operations within technology focused segments and to enhance business processes. Rick is responsible daily operations, business sustainment and new business growth.
Previously Rick was the Managing Director and General Manager for three engineering and staffing firms in southeast Michigan. Rick was tasked with overseeing market development, leading sales and recruiting efforts while maintaining P& L control. Rick has lead programs in electric vehicle development including autonomy, infotainment and energy and remains fluent in military ground vehicle advancements. His commitment and training in these fields evolved into a Facility Security Officer role with active security clearances in support of government agencies and their supplier base.
Rick achieved his advancements via business administration and engineering studies and maintains robust engineering acumen today.