Quality Assurance Inspector
The Quality Assurance Inspector will be tasked with inspecting products to determine compliance to specified drawings & specifications. Products are manufactured in various machining processes such as Lathe, Milling, Drilling, Deep Hole, OD, ID Grinding and Thread Grinding. The employee performs inspections and completes required documentation to demonstrate compliance at required intervals (First Article Inspection, Receiving, In-Process, Non-Destructive Testing and Final Inspections). This job description indicates the general nature and level of the work that is expected. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. Other duties may be required.
- Inspects product to determine compliance to specified drawings involved in various machining processes such as Lathe, Milling, Drilling, Deep Hole, OD, ID Grinding, and Thread Grinding.
- Perform inspections and complete required documentation to demonstrate compliance to drawings at required intervals (First Article Inspection, Receiving, In-Process, Non-Destructive Testing and Final Inspection).
- Set-up and utilize precision measuring equipment, gages, CMM etc. to complete required inspector tasks.
- Utilize Quality System procedures
- Conducts Non-Destructive Inspections of products.
- Operates Test Stand equipment to perform efficiency testing of assembled products.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, statistics, and their applications.
- Quality Control Analysis — Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality and conformance.
- Time Management — Ability to manage time in order to complete multiple tasks.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate.
- Reading Comprehension – Ability to read and understand data in work related documentation.
- Operation Monitoring – Watching gauges, dials or other indicators to make sure a test machine is working properly.
- Oral & Written Comprehension/Expression — The ability to understand and effectively respond to information and ideas presented through written or spoken words and sentences.
- Near Vision – The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Speech Clarity – The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Writing Skills – Ability to write data on documentation records in a clear legible manner.
- High school diploma
- Familiarity and understanding of geometric and dimensional tolerancing
- Basic PC skills / Data Entry / Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with ISO/AS9100 or equivalent QMS
- Experience working with close tolerances in an aerospace and defense setting
- NDT experience (Magnetic Particle)
- Two years of quality assurance and inspection experience
- Two years of general blue print interpretation experience
- Two years of set-up and use of industry accepted (general) measuring equipment
- Non-Destructive Testing Experience (Magnetic Particle)
Vice President of Sales
Rick is a technical sales and operations management professional within the automotive, defense and manufacturing industries. A career of supporting original equipment manufacturers, the tier supplier base and major defense contractors has presented opportunities within scope of work fulfillment and technical staffing (engineering, design, information technology). The ability to facilitate client projects and assist those with career choices has been an exciting and rewarding journey. His recent concentration in vehicle connectivity (electrification, autonomy, v2v, V2i) and the transformation of manufacturing technology (Industry 4.0) continue to fuel Rick’s interest. Rick excels at relationship building, account management, and employee retention initiatives within the engineering, design and security communities. Rick’s business education continually pushes him to process, processes management and success.