Senior Product Development Engineer
Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Product Engineer will
support tracking and resolving production design issues related to engine cooling systems in various applications.
• Work with other engineers in the cooling system group and other disciplines, (i.e., manufacturing, service, purchasing, etc.); in problem solving.
• Contact and visit plant as well as vendor manufacturing and test facilities to develop and manage the implementation of design changes.
• Support the generation and tracking of completing design documentation such as requirements, DVP&R's, FMEA's, 8D, PYXIS, as well as change control authorization.
• Must be proficient with Office programs (Excel, Power-point, etc.).
• Education requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology
• Years of Experience: 4 minimum
• Required/Preferred Certifications: None
Rick is a technical sales and operations management professional within the automotive, defense and manufacturing industries. A career of supporting original equipment manufacturers, the tier supplier base and major defense contractors has presented opportunities within scope of work fulfillment and technical staffing (engineering, design, information technology). The ability to facilitate client projects and assist those with career choices has been an exciting and rewarding journey. His recent concentration in vehicle connectivity (electrification, autonomy, v2v, V2i) and the transformation of manufacturing technology (Industry 4.0) continue to fuel Rick’s interest. Rick excels at relationship building, account management, and employee retention initiatives within the engineering, design and security communities. Rick’s business education continually pushes him to process, processes management and success.