Senior Product Development Engineer
Product Development Engineer (min 8 yrs experience)
- Candidate will be led by a senior engineer and tasked to resolve technical or packaging challenges. Experience with Teamcenter and Unigraphics is a plus.
- Must be familiar with quality tools quality tools (8D, Lean, dFMEA), Bill of Materials creation, and 2D prints release.
- Knowledge in project management, manufacturing and service processes are required.
- Additionally, should have experience in MS office applications including Excel, Word, Project and Outlook.
- Develop engineering concepts, release BOM’s, and 2D prints based off of 3D data.
- Functionality drives all, but awareness of cost, weight, quality, manufacturability, and serviceability are all key factors.
- Communicate with engineering customers regarding new designs and changes (manufacturing, purchasing, service, configuration management, vehicle engineering, customer/product center, supply base).
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering with 8 years of automotive/truck/bus design experience required.
Must have good communication skills, a positive attitude, and be self-motivated with ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment.
Candidate must be a US citizen and have experience in one or more of the following engineering disciplines.
- Body Engineering
- Door Structures
- Door Hardware
Further details/information on position requirements
- Ability to lead less senior engineers
- Ability to direct design team
- TeamCenter and UG/NX experience preferred
- Conduct packaging studies and 3D data reviews/direction
- Release 2D prints to support product/parts builds
- New product development skills
- Solve technical challenges
- Solve packaging challenges
- Functionality is key, but also mindful of cost, weight, quality, manufacturability, serviceability
- Follows best engineering and quality practices dFMEA, 8D, ISO standards, Lean Manage/Develop BOM’s
- Learn, understand, use parts management database
- Develop production BOM with manufacturing/operations team input
- Develop service BOM with ILS team input
- Interface with purchasing/supplier on part design/drawing content
- Familiarity with configuration management and change control processes
- Experience with ground vehicle features/systems
- Experience with manufacturing processes
- Ability to plan, estimate, execute within budget/schedule
- Ability to report up to management
- Ability to interface with customers/suppliers/coworkers to get results.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products.
- Ability to travel (less than 10% of the time during development cycle)
Rick Simon is an experienced (25 year) business development and operational professional supporting an array of clientele in the Automotive, Defense and Aerospace industries. Rick excels in building teams within product development, process optimization, automation integration, machining and assembly applications.
Rick joined LME Resource Group in 2017 to diversify the client pool and up skill staffing operations within technology focused segments and to enhance business processes. Rick is responsible daily operations, business sustainment and new business growth.
Previously Rick was the Managing Director and General Manager for three engineering and staffing firms in southeast Michigan. Rick was tasked with overseeing market development, leading sales and recruiting efforts while maintaining P& L control. Rick has lead programs in electric vehicle development including autonomy, infotainment and energy and remains fluent in military ground vehicle advancements. His commitment and training in these fields evolved into a Facility Security Officer role with active security clearances in support of government agencies and their supplier base.
Rick achieved his advancements via business administration and engineering studies and maintains robust engineering acumen today.