Service Controls Engineer/ Technician
Basic Function: On-site support for debug, start up and final buyoff to customer specifications relative to "Company's" equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proficient PLC Software
- Commission equipment on manufacturing floor and follow equipment to the customer’s facility which includes start up, debug, and assist in customer buyoff of equipment support system launch at customer facility.
- Assist with Customer Service Calls
- Document Field changes and return updates to "Company"
- Communicate with the customer while onsite to give updates to objectives.
- Answer product related technical questions from the customer.
- Train customer personnel on machine functionality, start up and debug of "Company" Machines
- Write detailed work orders to request to the customer on what was accomplished and/or issues found with corrective actions that have been or need to be implemented.
- Work with Service Manager or Project Manager to assure proper flow of daily activities at customer locations.
Position Summary & Requirements:
- Background in controls PLC Programming with PC Programming preferred- least 10 years experience with PLC.
- Knowledge and experience using Siemens Software, Visual Studio (C++), AB RS, Logix 5, RS Logix 5000 and Panelview development software is a plus.
- Travel will be required.
Rick Simon is an experienced (25 year) business development and operational professional supporting an array of clientele in the Automotive, Defense and Aerospace industries. Rick excels in building teams within product development, process optimization, automation integration, machining and assembly applications.
Rick joined LME Resource Group in 2017 to diversify the client pool and up skill staffing operations within technology focused segments and to enhance business processes. Rick is responsible daily operations, business sustainment and new business growth.
Previously Rick was the Managing Director and General Manager for three engineering and staffing firms in southeast Michigan. Rick was tasked with overseeing market development, leading sales and recruiting efforts while maintaining P& L control. Rick has lead programs in electric vehicle development including autonomy, infotainment and energy and remains fluent in military ground vehicle advancements. His commitment and training in these fields evolved into a Facility Security Officer role with active security clearances in support of government agencies and their supplier base.
Rick achieved his advancements via business administration and engineering studies and maintains robust engineering acumen today.