Strategist: Strategy and Reporting
Accomplishes Tableau BW project objectives by establishing project scope; designing and delivering solutions
• Query data
• Utilize Tableau to visualize data
• Analyze data
• Work with IT to develop business cases
• Manage defined projects
• Ability to query data
• SAP Knowledge
• Interpersonal Skills: Ability to build relationships
• Project Management
• Leadership skills
• Big picture thinker
• Produces attractive visuals/dashboards using techniques for guided analytics, interactive dashboard design, and visual best practices to convey the story inside the data.
• Performs data mapping and extraction, transforms data to support automated weekly reporting into dashboards and scorecards.
• Provides project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
• Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
• Directs and coordinates project team activities at various phases of the project life cycle to meet project objective for one or more small- to medium-sized projects.
• Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
• Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments.
• Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
• Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
• Coordinates overall communication and status reporting to internal customers and stakeholders. Formulates and delivers formal and informal presentations.
• Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree in an IT-related discipline & 4-plus years’ experience in an IT organization, including 1-plus year(s) of experience as an IT project manager focusing on Tableau Dashboard design and/or software development / implementation projects.
• Proficient verbal (and non-verbal), written and presentation skills; communicates clearly, with credibility and confidence.
• Well-developed active listening & negotiating skills.
• Ability to develop / coordinate cross-functional work groups and projects, yielding optimal outcomes.
• Sound organizational, planning, analytical, and problem-solving skills, including the ability to recommend and participate in solution implementations in area(s) of responsibility.
• Proficiency in project management software/tools (e.g. MS Project, Primavera, etc.)
• Experienced in requirement gathering/analysis, design, development, testing, and production rollover of reporting and analysis projects.
• Experience with Tableau for data extraction from SAP R/3 data, SAP BW data, Maximo data, legacy data, and data external to the organization (benchmarking data, etc.)
• Ability to identify data quality gaps, develop a plan to close data quality gaps, develop required extraction programs, and schedule extracts for weekly and monthly reports.
• Ability to perform Tableau calculations and apply complex, compound calculations to large, complex data sets.
• Experience trouble shooting performance issues associated with Tableau reports.
• Experience building queries and workbooks and preparing end user training documents.
Vice President of Sales
Rick is a technical sales and operations management professional within the automotive, defense and manufacturing industries. A career of supporting original equipment manufacturers, the tier supplier base and major defense contractors has presented opportunities within scope of work fulfillment and technical staffing (engineering, design, information technology). The ability to facilitate client projects and assist those with career choices has been an exciting and rewarding journey. His recent concentration in vehicle connectivity (electrification, autonomy, v2v, V2i) and the transformation of manufacturing technology (Industry 4.0) continue to fuel Rick’s interest. Rick excels at relationship building, account management, and employee retention initiatives within the engineering, design and security communities. Rick’s business education continually pushes him to process, processes management and success.