Weld System Mechanical Project Engineer
The project engineering position requires the coordination and conception of mechanical designs for functional welding systems utilizing standards, specifications and line up information presented by the Engineering Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define and obtain all engineering information required for project design completion.
- Provide concept sketches, reference drawings and all required information for design personnel.
- Assist/aid design personnel assigned to designated projects.
- Mechanical concept design, design and or checking based on line up, specifications and part data.
- Create accurate bill of materials.
- Verify and/or develop weld system processes based on cycle time, cost, product quality etc…
- Document and communicate issues effecting cost, timing and quality.
- Organize and prepare customer approval drawings and lead customer approval meetings.
- Organize and attend design review meetings for both internal and outsourced designs.
- Monitor design progress relative to the project schedule.
- Provide line-up materials for controls department.
- Review and release final engineering drawings to manufacturing.
- Provide build follow-up assistance.
- Specify and order purchased sub-equipment required for a project.
- Organizing and maintaining CAD files.
Position Summary & Requirements:
- Experienced in weld tooling design.
- Previous mechanical design leadership experience.
- Must be experienced in 2D AutoCad. Also must be experienced in either Inventor 3D or SolidWorks.
- Knowledge and use of Industry Engineering Standards for construction.
- Thorough knowledge of commercial technology used as a tool for creation of designs.
- Looking only for people who want a long-term career in mechanical engineering.
- Team Player who can work within an ISO9001:2000 environment.
Vice President of Sales
Rick is a technical sales and operations management professional within the automotive, defense and manufacturing industries. A career of supporting original equipment manufacturers, the tier supplier base and major defense contractors has presented opportunities within scope of work fulfillment and technical staffing (engineering, design, information technology). The ability to facilitate client projects and assist those with career choices has been an exciting and rewarding journey. His recent concentration in vehicle connectivity (electrification, autonomy, v2v, V2i) and the transformation of manufacturing technology (Industry 4.0) continue to fuel Rick’s interest. Rick excels at relationship building, account management, and employee retention initiatives within the engineering, design and security communities. Rick’s business education continually pushes him to process, processes management and success.